How to help people find things on your site
This background is for Site Designers.
Why read this: Understand the options for adding search to the site.
- You can search just the catalog (i.e. categories and products) or the entire site).
- If your site is search enabled the Admin user will see the option to Refresh Search Data on the Home page. This
- Full site search
- If you site has a catalog with products it is possible to search the catalog and display products as if they were in a category. The display format will be controlled by the contents of prodline configuration item, just as if they were in a category. The results are placed into |.SC_CONTENT.| tag in the standard catalog template. Click here for more details.
- Search then entire site. An extension can be activated for your site using the tag |.linkins:UTFsearch.|. This is a key word based search which will cover the entire site. You will also have to add a table click here
for table structure.
- Custom searches can be created either by modifying the options described above or by creating an entirely new extension. Click here for details on extending the CMS.