Top Level Menus
This background is for all users.
Overview: there are two rows of menus which will appear on the pages used to manage the site. If the site has special functions they will appear below the buttons.
If you are running this on a tablet or within a small screen you will see "Show Tasks' in the upper left. Click on this to display the top menu buttons. Click on it again to hide it.
- Top row
- Home: initial page which displays when user logs in. On the home page the Admin user will see a button to Start or Stop page caching (caching a page means its displayed faster). If the site supports search there will be an option to "Refresh Search Data" (click this if have done significant updates to the site). If the site supports a search engine friendly site map there is an option to update that as well (click this if you have added or removed pages, categories or products).
- Clone Window: create a copy of the Administrative page. Allows you to manage media and get media links while editing a product or content page. May have multiple copies.
- Pages: Add/modify/remove content pages. Click here for details.
- Media: Access media folders where you can add/remove images, documents. You can also change the size of thumbnails and re-order the order image display in a gallery. Click here for details.
- Help: This help system.
- Events: Add/Remove/Change entries in the calendar (if site is so equipped) Click here for details.
- Log Out: disconnect from the admin. interface (note will happen is no activity occurs over ~ 3 hours. If you have used "Clone Window" logging out of any Window will log you out of all of them.
- 2nd row: only the administrator can access these functions
- Users: Create, change or remove administrative users. User can be Admin, Editor, or Mail Only (i.e., present to provide target for response forms. Click here for details.
- Folders: Create Media Folders and assign modify/view permission to each Admin or Editor user. Click here for details.
- Configuration: set and modify site configuration items (e.g., page ID of home page, format of Table of Contents lines). Click here for details.
- Sections: Create/re-name/remove Content Sections. Optionally restrict edit access to a group of Editors. Click here for details.
- Calendars: Names of the event calendars (if site has calendars). Click here for details on the style needed to support Calendars. Setting up calendars are described here.
- Edit Groups: Names of editor groups. Edit of pages can be restricted to single group of editor when a section is created.
- Auth Groups: Content Pages or Categories can be restricted so that only certain visitors can see pages in a section or category. First you must create Authorized Groups.
- Auth Members: Individual visitors which can belong to specified authorized groups. Note: individual members can belong to multiple Auth. Groups. Administrators/Editors normally will belong to all the groups so they can see he pages they are creating.
- Catalog Row: present only if site has Categories and Products (note: sometimes content can be buried in catalog)
- Orders: orders which have been received. Prepare shipping documents (system supports split shipment). Click here for details.
- Option Groups: Types of modifiers for products (e.g., Shirt size). Click here for details.
- Options: Individual modifiers of products which may effect the price (e.g., XXL shirt, adds $1.00 per item). Click here for details.
- Products: Add, Edit, Delete and arrange products. Products can have no relation to other products (i.e., Standalone), have other products under them (i.e, Parent Products). or under a parent product (i.e., child products). Special configuration can allow a child to be an alias of another another child product so that they can share quantity. Note: Standalone and child products can keep track of how many units are available and display out of stock if there is none in inventory. Unlimited quantity is also supported. Click here for details.
- Shipping: Shipping costs are determined by total "weight" of product in a shipment and the method of shipping. Shipping and taxes are calculated using the two files imported via this menu. Shipping charges are based on the weight of the items being shipped, the method used and the Zone into which they will be shipped. The first table assigns States/provinces to zones. Each state/province can also have a tax rate assigned to it. The second table lists for each zone the available shipping methods and the cost to use that method in that zone to ship up to a certain weight. Sample files can be downloaded to start the process. Click here for details.
On sites with built in search clicking on the "Refresh Search Data" will cause to system to update the information the site uses when a visitor uses the build it search function. Use this when you have re-arranged the site or added/removed information or product. It may take several minutes.